Vege fritters with sweet chilli and sour cream
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups leftover roast vegetables, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, to serve, optional
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve, optional
1 Place the flour, baking powder, buttermilk and the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the cheese, shallots, vegetables and broccolini. Season well with cracked black pepper and stir to coat all ingredients.
2 Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan or in a flat chargrill pan, and set over a medium-high heat. Then drop ¹⁄³ cupfuls of mixture into the pan, flatten slightly. Cook fritters in batches of three or four, for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
3 Stack three fritters onto each serving plate. Top with avocado, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21.6g
–Saturated fat 6.8g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
Garnish with fresh herbs such as coriander or chives, if you have any available.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us