Vege fritters with sweet chilli and sour cream
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups leftover roast vegetables, chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, to serve, optional
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve, optional
1 Place the flour, baking powder, buttermilk and the eggs in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add the cheese, shallots, vegetables and broccolini. Season well with cracked black pepper and stir to coat all ingredients.
2 Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan or in a flat chargrill pan, and set over a medium-high heat. Then drop ¹⁄³ cupfuls of mixture into the pan, flatten slightly. Cook fritters in batches of three or four, for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
3 Stack three fritters onto each serving plate. Top with avocado, sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
Check out some other great fritter recipes:
Garnish with fresh herbs such as coriander or chives, if you have any available.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21.6g
–Saturated fat 6.8g
Dietary fibre 6.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information