Easy veggie rice scramble
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2–3 spring onions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 200g punnet grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g packet frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- 80g goat‘s cheese, crumbled
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large non-stick pan over medium- high heat. Add garlic and half the shallots. Saute 1 minute. Whisk eggs in a large bowl and season well. Pour the eggs into the pan.
2 Carefully move the egg mixture across the pan with a spatula to create folds. Add the herbs and vegetables. Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until the vegetables are warmed through and egg is just set.
3 Heat the rice according to the packet directions. Divide the rice between the serving plates or bowls. Spoon over the egg and veggie scramble. Crumble over goat‘s cheese. Scatter with the extra herbs, remaining shallots and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24.4g
–Saturated fat 7.0g
Dietary fibre 9.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.