Easy veggie rice scramble
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2–3 spring onions, chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon thyme leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 200g punnet grape/cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g packet frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 150g sugar snap peas, trimmed, halved
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 2 x 250g pouches microwavable brown rice
- 80g goat‘s cheese, crumbled
1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large non-stick pan over medium- high heat. Add garlic and half the shallots. Saute 1 minute. Whisk eggs in a large bowl and season well. Pour the eggs into the pan.
2 Carefully move the egg mixture across the pan with a spatula to create folds. Add the herbs and vegetables. Cook for 3–4 minutes, or until the vegetables are warmed through and egg is just set.
3 Heat the rice according to the packet directions. Divide the rice between the serving plates or bowls. Spoon over the egg and veggie scramble. Crumble over goat‘s cheese. Scatter with the extra herbs, remaining shallots and cracked black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24.4g
–Saturated fat 7.0g
Dietary fibre 9.2g
Last updated date: 15 November 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information