Chicken and feta burgers
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ x 25g sachet Greek-style seasoning
- 2 small skinless chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 4 small wholegrain bread rolls, split in half
- ¼ small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 80g baby rocketarugulaX leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light hummus
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 40g reduced-fat Danish feta
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place 1 tablespoon oil, seasoning and chicken in a medium bowl, tossing well to coat chicken.
2 Heat a barbecue chargrill or hotplate over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Add rolls, cut-side down, and cook for 2 minutes or until toasted.
3 Meanwhile, place cabbage, rocket, lemon juice and remaining oil in a large bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper, tossing to combine.
4 Spread roll bases with hummus. Top with half the salad and cucumber, then chicken. Crumble over feta, then sandwich with roll tops. Add capsicum and remaining cucumber to rocket salad, tossing to combine. Serve burgers with remaining salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17.9g
–Saturated fat 3.3g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.