Chicken stuffed with almond and tomato
(at time of publication)
- olive spray oil
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in water
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 500g potatoes, washed, sliced
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- pepper, to season
- ½ bunch watercress, chopped
- ½ avocado, diced
- 125g can corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- ¼ cup low-fat salad dressing
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Spray a large baking dish with oil. Process half the coriander, almonds, tomatoes, chilli and lime juice in a food processor until thick.
2 Cut sides of each chicken breast and spoon sauce into pocket. Place chicken in baking dish. Spray with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
3 Microwave potatoes with 2 tablespoons of water for 4 minutes, or until just tender. Drain and cool. Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Cook potatoes over a medium-low heat until golden brown. Add tomato and cook for 1 more minute. Season with pepper.
4 Divide potatoes among 4 plates and top with a chicken fillet. To make side salad, toss watercress, corn and avocado in a bowl. Add dressing just before serving.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free salad dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.