Chilli chicken noodles
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g pad Thai rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups roughly chopped kale
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into wedges
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- ½ x 425g can baby corn sweetcornXspears, drained, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, sliced
- 1½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts
- fresh chilli, sliced, to serve (optional)
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 In a large heatproof bowl, place noodles. Cover with boiling water and leave for 5-10 minutes. Drain well.
2 In a large wok or non-stick frying pan, heat half of the oil over medium-high. Stir-fry chopped kale for 1 minute, or until just wilted. Remove kale from pan and set aside.
3 Add remaining oil to pan and swirl to coat base. Add garlic, chilli and ginger. Cook for 30 seconds. Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is lightly golden.
4 Add corn and asparagus. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add a splash of water to pan to create steam, if needed. Add noodles and toss to combine. Drizzle over soy sauce. To serve, divide noodles among 4 bowls and scatter with chopped nuts and chilli, if using.
Make it low FODMAP: Use 1 tablespoon garlic infused oil instead of garlic, green tips of spring onions instead of onions and green beans instead of asparagus.
Make it gluten free: Check pastes and soy sauce are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us