Lemony lentil salad with turkey
- 600g turkey steaks (see tip)
- 1x 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 small green capsicum, quartered, thinly sliced
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 2 small baby gem lettuce, leaves separated, halved
- Feta cheese (optional)
1 Season turkey steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a chargrill pan over a high heat. Spray turkey with olive oil. Cook the turkey steaks for 2–3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through. Remove and transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and leave to rest.
2 Combine lentils, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and the rind, mustard and celery in a bowl. Season and mix well.
3 Slice turkey. Add capsicum and spinach to lentils. Toss to combine. Divide lettuce between serving plates. Top with lentil salad, and turkey and feta, if preferred.
Swap out turkey for chicken, or you can use leftover cooked turkey shredded. If you do, simply skip to Step 2.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.3g
–Saturated fat 2.3g
Dietary fibre 6.0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.