Choc chip, banana and oat mini muffins
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup ground LSA
- ⅓ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup oatsoatmeal uncookedX, to top
- Heat oven to 180°C. Line 2 x 12-hole mini-muffin trays with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, banana and eggs. Stir in flour, baking powder, LSA and, finally, chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Spoon into baking liners until 3/4 full. Sprinkle with oats and bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until muffins are risen and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in tray for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tray and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat above with remaining muffin mixture.
You can replace choc chips with dried cranberries or frozen blueberries.
Make it dairy free: Use dairy-free chocolate chips.
These muffins will keep for up to three days in an airtight container.
Freeze in sealed bags for up to three months. Defrost overnight before packing into lunch boxes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.