Choc jaffa cupcakes
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat spread
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- Finely grated zest 1 orange, plus 4 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free plain flourall purpose flourX
- 2½ teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted, mixed to a paste with 4 tablespoons boiling water
- For the icingfrostingX
- 1/3 cup icingfrostingX sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon finely grated zest of lemon
- 4–5 teaspoons orange juice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake cases.
2 Put all the cake ingredients in a large bowl, then whisk with an electric mixer for 2–3 min until smooth and well combined.
3 Divide the cake batter among the cupcake cases, then bake for 15–18 min until the cupcakes are just firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly in the tin, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. If freezing, put the cupcakes in a sealed container at this point and freeze. Thaw before completing the icing.
4 Mix all the icing ingredients together in a bowl until smooth, then spread the mixture over the cupcakes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23.9g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 1.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Almond meal, ground almonds recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.