- 20 whole fresh dates, pitted
- 40 pieces sliced almonds
- 20 teaspoons Philadelphia Light Cream Cheese Spread
1 Carefully open each date and remove the stone. Insert two almond slices.
2 Stuff date with a teaspoon of cream cheese. Don’t worry if some of it sticks out, as it will make the it look like a partly squashed cockroach.
3 Arrange the cockroaches on an orange plate or board and leave it at the front door, along with a few spiders.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 2g
- Instead of almonds, anything crunchy will do — hazelnuts, peanuts, cornflakes or even toasted seeds.
- Dried dates can be used, but they will have a more squashed look and they’re trickier to stuff.
- The almonds can be bought already sliced.
- The cockroaches are best eaten fresh, while they’re still crunchy.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us