Chicken, black bean and mango salad
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 small red onion or 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX, leaves and stems finely chopped, plus leaves for garnishing
- ½ bunch fresh mint, leaves picked and finely sliced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 300g cooked chicken
- 1 large mango, sliced
- 120g baby spinach and/or rocketarugulaX leaves
1 Combine the black beans, the onion, capsicum, coriander and mint in a large mixing bowl. Add lime juice, 1 tablespoon of extra- virgin olive oil and stir through to evenly coat.
2 When ready to serve the salad, gently stir the chicken, mango and the spinach leaves through and garnish with remaining coriander leaves.
If you’re not a mango fan or they aren’t in season, swap it out in this salad for avocado & cherry tomatoes.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 10.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information