Blueberry and apple ginger slice
- ¾ cup reduced-fat spread, plus extra to grease
- 1¼ cups soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓ cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 4 teaspoons stem ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 385g tin apple slices
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoons icingfrostingX sugar, to dust
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC/fan 160°C/gas 4. Lightly grease and line the base of a 20–22cm square baking tray with baking paper.
2 Put the spread and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer until creamy. Add the ground ginger and beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, beating well to combine. Fold in the flour with the stem ginger, blueberries, honey and half the apple slices.
3 Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tray. Arrange the remaining apple slices on top, then sprinkle over the almonds. Bake for 40–50 min until golden and firm to touch.
4 Cool completely in the tin, then turn out on to a board and cut into 16 squares. Lightly dust with icing sugar to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.4g
–Saturated fat 0.9g
Dietary fibre 1.2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.