Coconut salmon parcels with pumpkin saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- juice of 2 limes, plus zest of 1 lime
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 4 x 150g skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- spray oil
- 700g pumpkin, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup snow peas or beans, halved
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, coconut milk and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Cut 4 x 25x25cm pieces of foil and 4 x 15x15cm pieces of baking paper. Place 1 piece of baking paper on top of 1 piece of foil. Top with 1 salmon fillet and 1 piece of lemongrass. Drizzle over a quarter of the coconut mixture and sprinkle with a quarter of the chilli. Fold up sides and ends of foil to enclose filling. Repeat to make 3 more parcels.
- Heat a barbecue hotplate (or grill pan) to medium-high. Spray the pumpkin and carrots with oil and grill, turning, for 6–8 minutes, or until charred and tender. Grill spring onions for 1–2 minutes, or until slightly charred and warmed through. Remove veges and set aside.
- Place fish parcels on the barbecue for 6–8 minutes, turning once, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch snow peas and refresh under cold water. Place in a large bowl, along with pumpkin, carrot and spring onions. Toss to combine.
- Serve salmon with pumpkin salad. Drizzle with liquid from the parcels and garnish with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 36g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information