Courgette cupcakes with pineapple frostingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 150g reduced-fat spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream or low-fat yoghurt
- 1 ¼ cups grated courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 250g light cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line muffin tin holes with paper cases or lightly grease mini-loaf tins.
2 Sift flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda into a bowl and mix together lightly. Set aside.
3 Beat sugar and spread together. Add eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla, sour cream and courgettes.
4 Fold in flour. Spoon into cases or mini-loaf tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm and golden.
5 Cool completely. To make frosting, beat cream cheese with syrup. Use to ice cakes then top with a dollop of pineapple.
These cupcakes freeze well, un-iced.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information