Chicken shawarma wraps with quick pickled onions and tahini sauce
- 2 small red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan or Middle Eastern spice mix, or make your own, see tip below
- 500g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, finely diced
- 2 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 red or yellow capsicum, finely diced
- 3 small radishes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, mint and/or coriandercilantroX, finely chopped
- 1 large handful rocketarugulaX
- 3 tablespoons freshly
- squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 large wholegrain wraps
1 Start by pouring boiling water over onions to just cover. Set aside for 5 minutes. Then drain, mix with vinegar, sugar and set aside. Mix the spice mix with a drizzle of olive oil in a bowl, add chicken breasts and stir to coat.
2 In a separate bowl, now mix together cucumbers, tomatoes, capsicum, radish, herbs, rocket, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Season salad with pepper.
3 Make the tahini sauce by combining tahini, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, the garlic and 1 tablespoon water. Mix well.
4 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 3–4 minutes each side, or it is until browned and cooked through. Allow it to rest a few minutes before slicing.
5 Place wraps, sliced chicken, salad, onions and tahini sauce in the middle of the table. Allow everyone to construct their own wrap by filling it with all of the ingredients and then drizzling it with tahini sauce.
Make your own spice blend by mixing together 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons ground coriander, 1 teaspoon turmeric and 1 clove garlic, crushed
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10.7g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 13.9g
Last updated date: 7 July 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information