Curried chicken and kumara pilaf
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 2 single skinless chicken breast fillets, fat-trimmed and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 5.4g
Saturated fat 1.2g
Dietary fibre 5.3g
1 Spray a saucepan with oil. Add onion and chicken. Stir over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, or until browned. Add garlic and kumara and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
2 Stir in curry powder and rice. Add stock and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until rice is tender and stock is absorbed. Remove from heat.
3 Stir in peas. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
If you like hot food, turn up the heat by adding 1-2 finely sliced fresh red chillies.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us