Double choc chip, chia and date biscuits
- 120g reduced-fat spread, melted
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1½ cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons pure cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted, finely chopped
- ¹⁄³ cup dark chocolate bits
1 Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
2 Combine the table spread, the sugar, egg, flour, cocoa powder and seeds in a large bowl. Add the dates and mix well.
3 Roll 2 tablespoon quantities of the dough into balls to make 16 biscuits. Place on prepared trays, about 5cm apart and flatten slightly. Press choc bits into tops. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool on trays (the biscuits will firm).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6.1g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 1.4g
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us