Fresh corn, coriander and green-chilli frittersReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup low-fat soy milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup gluten-free baking mix
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 3 shallots, trimmed, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- oil spray
- 150g heirloom tomatoes, sliced or chopped
1 Whisk soy milk and egg in a large bowl then gradually whisk in flour until mixture is well combined and smooth. Stir corn, chilli, shallots, coriander and lemon zest into milk mixture.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium–high heat. For each fritter spoon 1 tablespoon mixture into pan to make 6 fritters at once. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until fritters are golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 fritters, lightly spraying with olive oil if necessary.
3 Top each fritter with tomato slices and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information