Gluten-free savoury muffins
Last updated date: 19 April 2022
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 cup peeled butternut squash or carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup slow-roasted tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¾ cup reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons olive or canola oil
1 Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin-tray with paper cases or silicon moulds. Put the flour in a large bowl, then add the squash or carrot, basil, tomatoes and feta.
2 Whisk the eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until the batter is just combined.
3 Divide the batter among the muffin-tray cases or moulds and bake for 20 min or until the muffins are golden brown and just firm to the touch. Cool for 5 min in the tin, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5.8g
–Saturated fat 1.6g
Dietary fibre 1.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.