Vegetable and lentil curry
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoon mild gluten-free curry paste
- small handful curry leaves
- 1 ¾ cups very low salt gluten-free vegetable stock
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 2 x 250g packs ready-to-heat basmati rice, heated
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper.Put the onion, ginger, curry paste, curry leaves and stock in the slow cooker. Add the cauliflower, kumara and tomatoes and stir. Cover and cook on low for 3–4 hr until tender.
2 Stir in the yoghurt, lentils, spinach, peas, courgette and half the coriander. Turn the slow cooker setting to high. Cover and cook the mixture for a further 30 min.
3 Serve on a bed of rice, garnished with the remaining coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.6g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information