Green chilli and turmeric French toast with fried eggs
- 7 eggs
- ½ cup reduced-fat milk
- 1 eschalot, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- 8 slices wholegrain or wholemeal bread
- 2 bunches broccolini, halved lengthways
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- Sriracha chilli sauce (optional), to serve
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
2 Place 3 eggs, milk, eschalot, turmeric, coriander and half the chilli in a wide, shallow bowl, whisking to combine. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat.
3 Working with one slice at a time, dip bread into egg mixture to evenly coat. Carefully add bread to pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until crisp and golden. Transfer to prepared tray and keep warm in preheated oven. Repeat with remaining bread and egg mixture, respraying pan with oil between batches.
4 Cook broccolini in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain.
5 Wipe pan clean. Lightly spray with oil and return to medium-high heat. Crack in remaining eggs and cook for 3 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
6 Divide French toast among four serving plates. Top with fried egg, broccolini, remaining chilli, seeds and onion. Drizzle with sauce, if using.
If you prefer to start your day with a little less heat, scrape out the seeds from the green chilli or substitute with a deseeded red chilli instead.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.2g
–Saturated fat 2.9g
Dietary fibre 9.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.