Poke with spicy tempeh, beetroot and quinoa salad
- For the poke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- zest 1 lemon
- 200g tempeh
- spray oil, to grease
- For the salad
- 1 cooked beetrootbeetsX (not pickled), diced into 1cm pieces
- ¼ cup canned chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in water, drained
- handful spinach, torn
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 roasted red capsicum from a jar in brine, drained and diced into 5mm pieces
- For the dressing
- 3 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, crushed
1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Combine the dry spices and lemon zest in a small bowl. Cut the tempeh into 2cm cubes, then dust all over with the spice mixture and put on a lightly oiled baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 min.
2 Put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jug, then pour over the salad and gently toss to combine.
3 Divide the salads among 4 bowls, then scatter the roasted tempeh on top.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 2.4g
Dietary fibre 7.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.