- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups cooked cannellini beans (or 400g can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 150g green beans, sliced
- 1 large courgettezucchiniX, diced
- 100g trimmed silver beet leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto, to serve
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, fennel and celery and cook, stirring, for 6—7 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2 Add cannellini beans, potato, stock and water to pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potato is tender. Add beans, courgette and silver beet and cook for 5 minutes or until veges are tender. Season with pepper.
3 Divide soup among four serving bowls, top with a dollop of basil pesto and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check pesto is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like