Honey and oregano chicken and greens
- 600g chicken breast fillet, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 150g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 small courgette, very thinly sliced
- 1 large green capsicum, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup green goddess dressing (see tip)
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets, halved
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Place chicken, honey, oregano and lemon juice in a large bowl, stirring well to coat slices. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
2 Meanwhile, place lettuce, spring onion, peas, courgette, capsicum and green goddess dressing in a large salad bowl, tossing well to combine.
3 Add chicken to salad, tossing to combine. Divide chicken salad among pita pockets and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Buy green goddess dressing at major supermarkets. To make your own, combine mayo or Greek yoghurt with finely chopped fresh herbs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8.7g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 7.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.