Jacket potato with bacon, corn, chives and cheddar
Time to make: 1 hr 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 large brushed potatoes (200g each)
- olive oil spray
- 100g rindless short-cut bacon, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small courgette, trimmed, grated
- 3/4 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar
- cracked black pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Scrub potatoes and pat dry with paper towel. Prick all over with a fork. Wrap each in foil and place on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour, or until soft when pierced with a skewer. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Add diced bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add spring onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add courgette and corn kernels. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove pan from heat, stir in parsley, chives and half the cheese, then season with cracked black pepper.
3 Unwrap potatoes and discard foil. Score potato tops with a large cross and press sides to split. Scoop 2 tablespoons of flesh from each potato, place in a large bowl and mash. Add corn mixture to mash, stir well, spoon evenly into potatoes and scatter with remaining cheese.
4 Return potatoes to oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until filling is hot and cheese melted. Serve with salad leaves and vinaigrette.
Make it gluten free: Check bacon is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us