(at time of publication)
- 200g kale, stems removed, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼–½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt (no more than ½ teaspoon)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kale and remaining ingredients except lemon zest in a bowl. Toss to evenly coat kale.
2 Place on baking trays in a single layer and bake for 10-12 minutes or until leaves feel crispy. Cool slightly and serve sprinkled with lemon zest.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Kale cooking tips
- To prepare kale, break leaves from the stalk and trim away the tough centre stalk. Wash then shred or chop.
- Kale is normally boiled or stir-fried. For whole leaves, rinse then put in a pan without shaking off the water. Cover and cook for up to 2 minutes until wilted. Drain thoroughly.
- For chopped or shredded kale, place the leafy green in a pan of water 1cm deep with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for up to 5 minutes until wilted. Drain thoroughly.
- To freeze kale, wash leaves thoroughly and cut off stems. Plunge kale into boiling water for 2 minutes then quickly douse in ice-cold water. Drain off excess moisture before packing in airtight containers or freezer bags. Freeze immediately.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us