(at time of publication)
- 200g kale, stems removed, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼–½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt (no more than ½ teaspoon)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, zest
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place kale and remaining ingredients except lemon zest in a bowl. Toss to evenly coat kale.
2 Place on baking trays in a single layer and bake for 10-12 minutes or until leaves feel crispy. Cool slightly and serve sprinkled with lemon zest.
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Kale cooking tips
- To prepare kale, break leaves from the stalk and trim away the tough centre stalk. Wash then shred or chop.
- Kale is normally boiled or stir-fried. For whole leaves, rinse then put in a pan without shaking off the water. Cover and cook for up to 2 minutes until wilted. Drain thoroughly.
- For chopped or shredded kale, place the leafy green in a pan of water 1cm deep with a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for up to 5 minutes until wilted. Drain thoroughly.
- To freeze kale, wash leaves thoroughly and cut off stems. Plunge kale into boiling water for 2 minutes then quickly douse in ice-cold water. Drain off excess moisture before packing in airtight containers or freezer bags. Freeze immediately.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information