Cauliflower and spinach dhal with chicken
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 250g packet cauliflower rice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 tablespoons korma paste
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 160g packet baby spinach and kale
- ½ cup chopped coriandercilantroX
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- 4 small pita bread, to serve
1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion and cauliflower and cook, stirring for 3–5 minutes, or until softened. Add lentils and paste, stir to coat.
2 Add chicken and stir to coat. Pour in stock. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15–20 minutes, or until lentils are soft and chicken is cooked through. Stir through spinach and kale to wilt.
3 Stir through half the coriander, season well. Divide the mixture between serving bowls. Top with remaining coriander and and with yoghurt. Serve with pita bread, if preferred.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.6g
–Saturated fat 4.8g
Dietary fibre 11.3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information