(at time of publication)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh root ginger
- 1-2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon groundnut oil
- 500g lean pork mince
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice
- 2 tablespoons, salt reduced, fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 2 small lettuces, broken into cups
1 Place garlic, ginger and half the chillies in a blender. Process until it forms a rough paste.
2 Heat a large non-stick pan or wok. Add oil and heat. Add paste and stir-fry for 1 minute over a high heat.
3 Add pork mince. Cook, stirring continuously, for 3-4 minutes, until pork begins to brown. Add lime leaves, lime rind and juice, fish sauce and sugar.Cook for 2 more minutes.
4 Remove from heat. Taste and adjust seasoning. Spoon mince mixture into lettuce cups and top with remaining chillies. Serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 1g
Selection of salad vegetables and steamed rice
You can buy kaffir lime leaves in the vegetable section in the supermarket and from Asian supermarkets. They freeze well.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us