Lentil and vegetable curry
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock (gluten-free)
- 2 cups water
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with no added salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Combine oil and onion in a large saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
2 Add stock, water, kumara, tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas and lentils. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.