Lentil and vegetable curryReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock (gluten-free)
- 2 cups water
- 500g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with no added salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 300g flat mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup brown rice
- coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
1 Combine oil and onion in a large saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat for 2 minutes or until onion softens. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
2 Add stock, water, kumara, tomatoes, cauliflower, mushrooms, peas and lentils. Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
3 Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Garnish curry with coriander and serve with rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information