Tomato buckwheat risotto with prawns and rocket salad
- spray oil
- 150g frozen prawns, defrosted
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- ²/³cup buckwheat
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup frozen peas, defrosted
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX dressed with balsamic vinegar
- fresh parsley or basil to garnish
- black pepper
1 Spray a pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add prawns and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
2 Lower heat to medium and spray same pan with a little more oil. Add garlic and onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add courgette and cook for 2 minutes more. Add buckwheat and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
3 Add wine, if using, and tomatoes. Cook until wine has evaporated. Add half of the stock and cook, stirring, until liquid has absorbed. Add remaining liquid along with extra water, if needed, cooking until liquid has mostly absorbed, tomatoes are cooked down and buckwheat is tender. (about 20 minutes). Add peas in the last 2 minutes cooking time.
4 When buckwheat is cooked, remove from heat. Add half of the parmesan, the chilli flakes and prawns and stir through.
5 Serve risotto with rocket salad, garnished with parsley and plenty of black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Despite its name, buckwheat is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.