Speedy meatball minestrone
- 4 lean lamb sausages (removed from case, rolled into meatballs) or 10–12 store-bought
- lamb meatballs
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1¹⁄³ cups passata
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup casarecce chickpeagarbanzoX pasta
- 125g can red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, pea and capsicum mixture, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon shredded parmesan
1 Spray a medium saucepan with olive oil, set over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
2 Add the canned tomatoes, the passata, stock and garlic to pan. Bring to the boil. Add the pasta. Cook for 5 minutes.
3 Return meatballs to pan along with the kidney beans and frozen vegetables. Reduce the heat to medium, simmer for 5–10 minutes, or until pasta is just tender and the meatballs cooked through. Season the soup with cracked black pepper.
4 Ladle soup into two serving bowls. Serve topped with parsley, lemon zest and parmesan.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.5g
–Saturated fat 3.9g
Dietary fibre 15.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like