Low-FODMAP lemon and poppy seed loaf
(at time of publication)
- 100g reduced-fat non-dairy spread (we used Olivani Lite)
- 100g (½ cup) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated zest of lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ⅓ cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Lemon glaze
- few grates of zest of lemon, plus extra for topping (optional)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup sugar
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a loaf tin.
2 Cream spread and sugar until pale then mix in eggs, one at a time.
3 Stir in lemon zest and juice then fold in flour, baking powder and poppy seeds.
4 Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until loaf is risen, springy and golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
5 While loaf is cooking, combine glaze ingredients. Remove cooked loaf from oven and drizzle syrup over allowing it to soak in. Turn loaf out and decorate with extra lemon zest (if using) then slice to serve.
If you are on the low FODMAP diet check your dried cranberries are sweetened with sugar not apple juice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.