Maple-sesame carrot and parsnip salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1kg carrots, peeled, trimmed, halved lengthways if large (use different varieties if you can find them)
- 1kg small parsnips, peeled, halved lengthways
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
2 . Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of the maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of the cumin and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Add vegetables and toss to coat. Spread carrots and parsnips out on prepared trays in a single layer. Roast for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and tender, swapping trays halfway through cooking time.
3 Meanwhile, whisk olive oil and vinegar with the remaining maple syrup and cumin in a small jug. Add dressing and parsley leaves to the roasted vegetables and gently toss to combine. Serve salad warm or at room temperature.
Make it gluten free: Check cumin is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us