Tuna, tomato and feta panzanella salad
- 800g tomato medley mix, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 400g can no-added-salt cannellini beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed
- 3 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, roughly chopped (optional)
- 12 black olives, pitted, halved
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked, washed and roughly torn
- 4 slices wholemeal or rye sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon
- Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 clove garlic , finely chopped
- 2 x 125g cans tuna slices in oil, drained
- 50g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
1 Place the tomatoes on base of serving dish. Sprinkle over onion, the cannellini beans and capers, anchovies, olives and half of the basil. Toast the bread.
2 Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, mustard, honey and garlic. When bread is toasted, tear into large chunks. Evenly distribute over salad, pour dressing over, and toss to combine.
3 Top with tuna, feta cheese and garnish with the remaining basil leaves. Place in the middle of the table and allow everyone to help themselves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12.7g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 8.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information