Kale and mushroom rice bowl
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, plus extra for dressing
- spray oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 asparagus spears, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 100g kale, stalks removed, leaves sliced into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt gluten-free soy sauce
- 250g packet ready to heat rice and quinoa mix
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oven to 200°/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. In a small bowl, combine the chickpeas and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika and spray with oil. Season with black pepper and toss well.
2 Spread the chickpeas on the prepared baking tray and bake for 18 min. Halfway through the cooking time, remove the tray from the oven, toss the chickpeas, then return them to the oven. When cooked, set aside to cool. While the chickpeas are in the oven, heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 4 min until softened.
3 Add the garlic, asparagus, spring onion and kale ribbons to the pan with the lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce. Stir-fry for 1–2 min, then season with pepper. Combine the remaining paprika, sesame oil and soy sauce in a small jar with a lid. Seal with the lid and shake well.
4 Heat the rice and quinoa according to the pack instructions, then divide between 2 serving bowls. Add the kale and mushroom mixture, then top with the chickpeas and drizzle with the dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.3g
–Saturated fat 2.1g
Dietary fibre 15.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.