Mexican black beans with spicy avocado and grilled tortilla
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 small courgette, trimmed, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning, plus extra 1/4 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained, rinsed
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 firm ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 4 corn sweetcornXtortillas, grilled
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil. Set over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot and courgette. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and Mexican seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 1 more minute. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute.
2 Add black beans and tomatoes to saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until mixture is thick.
3 Meanwhile, combine extra chilli powder with avocado and coriander in a medium-sized bowl.
4 Place 1 grilled tortilla on each serving plate. Top with bean mixture and spicy avocado. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free Mexican seasoning and tomato paste.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us