Tomato, chicken and black bean soup with avocado toast
- 2 x 430g pouches Tuscan Style Tomato and Basil Soup(or your choice of packaged tomato based soup)
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 125g cans corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 slices wholegrain sourdough, toasted
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
- ¹⁄³ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Place soup, canned tomatoes, 2 cups water and garlic in a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
2 Reduce heat to medium. Add black beans, corn and shredded chicken and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until warmed.
3 Spread toast with avocado. Divide soup among four serving bowls. Dollop with sour cream and garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve soup with avocado toast on the side.
We’ve used SA Gourmet & La Zuppa soups as these are low in salt & have a high vegetable content. Look for packet soups in your store with less than 700mg sodium per serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11.9g
–Saturated fat 4.2g
Dietary fibre 14.4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.