Rhubarb custard trifle
(at time of publication)
- 400g rhubarb, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- ¼ cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or cinnamon
- 1 quantity vanilla custard, heated
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 8 sponge fingers, broken up
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place rhubarb in dish with orange juice, half the zest, sugar and ginger. Cover tightly with tinfoil and cook for 25 minutes until tender. Leave to cool.
2 To assemble trifle, mix cooled rhubarb with custard and yoghurt and three-quarters of the raspberries.
3 Spoon some rhubarb custard into each serving dish. Add some sponge fingers to each. Top with remaining rhubarb custard. Chill well before serving. Decorate with reserved raspberries and remaining orange zest.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.