Roast lamb with fruity garlic stuffing
Time to make: 1 hr 5 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 400g boneless lamb leg roast (we used Silver Fern)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place lamb between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper. Make several sharp incisions down lamb to make flattening easier. Flatten with a rolling pin until doubled in size.
2 Sprinkle basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, dates and cranberries over one side of lamb.
3 Roll up and secure with string at regular intervals (see tips below). Cook for 45 minutes until juices run clear. Leave to rest. Serve with roasted vegetables and steamed vegetables.
- If meat has been refrigerated, bring to room temperature before cooking.
- To string a joint (in order to hold the joint together when cooking), use any string. Soak string in water for a few minutes before using to make it easier to remove after cooking.
- To rest a joint, leave meat in a warm place for at least 15 minutes so it doesn’t get cold. Resting a joint is essential as the meat relaxes and becomes more tender to make carving easier.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)