Roasted squash with blue cheese and hazelnuts
- 1.5kg squash or pumpkin (2–3 medium squash), deseeded
- 2 teaspoons sunflower or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to garnish
- 50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 mild red chilli, finely chopped or sliced
- 100g blue cheese
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2 Cut the squash or pumpkin into 2–3cm thick wedges. Put them on the tray, drizzle with oil and toss. Bake for 30 min, turning after 20 min.
3 Add the thyme and hazelnuts to the tray and bake for a further 6–8 min until the nuts are toasted. Transfer to a serving tray and scatter with the chilli and small chunks of the blue cheese. Garnish with the extra thyme.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18.8g
–Saturated fat 6.6g
Dietary fibre 7.5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.