Roast lamb with fruity garlic stuffing
- 400g boneless lamb leg roast (we used Silver Fern)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place lamb between 2 sheets of greaseproof paper. Make several sharp incisions down lamb to make flattening easier. Flatten with a rolling pin until doubled in size.
2 Sprinkle basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts, dates and cranberries over one side of lamb.
3 Roll up and secure with string at regular intervals (see tips below). Cook for 45 minutes until juices run clear. Leave to rest. Serve with roasted vegetables and steamed vegetables.
- If meat has been refrigerated, bring to room temperature before cooking.
- To string a joint (in order to hold the joint together when cooking), use any string. Soak string in water for a few minutes before using to make it easier to remove after cooking.
- To rest a joint, leave meat in a warm place for at least 15 minutes so it doesn’t get cold. Resting a joint is essential as the meat relaxes and becomes more tender to make carving easier.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.