Pork and vegetable gyoza soup
- 10 fresh or frozen pork gyozas
- 10 fresh or frozen vegetable gyozas
- 4 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- 4 whole star anise
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths, plus extra, finely sliced, to serve
- 3 mini red capsicums, finely sliced
- 300g packet firm tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, lightly spray gyozas with olive oil, then add to pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
2 Meanwhile, place 5 cups water, stock, kecap manis, star anise, ginger and garlic in a large heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat.
3 Add gyoza, carrot, corn, onion and capsicum to soup. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes or until veg are warmed through.
4 Divide hot soup among four bowls. Top with tofu and serve sprinkled with extra onion.
If growing teenagers need extra sustenance, just add wholegrain 2-minute noodles (minus the flavour sachets) to bulk out this soup.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.7g
–Saturated fat 5.6g
Dietary fibre 10.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.