Pork and vegetable gyoza soup
- 10 fresh or frozen pork gyozas
- 10 fresh or frozen vegetable gyozas
- 4 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- 4 whole star anise
- 5cm-piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 425g can baby corn, drained, halved
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths, plus extra, finely sliced, to serve
- 3 mini red capsicums, finely sliced
- 300g packet firm tofu, drained, cut into 2cm cubes
1 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Working in batches, lightly spray gyozas with olive oil, then add to pan and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
2 Meanwhile, place 5 cups water, stock, kecap manis, star anise, ginger and garlic in a large heavy-based saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat.
3 Add gyoza, carrot, corn, onion and capsicum to soup. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 3 minutes or until veg are warmed through.
4 Divide hot soup among four bowls. Top with tofu and serve sprinkled with extra onion.
If growing teenagers need extra sustenance, just add wholegrain 2-minute noodles (minus the flavour sachets) to bulk out this soup.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.7g
–Saturated fat 5.6g
Dietary fibre 10.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.