Asian-style zucchini and noodle slice
- 72g packet 2-minute wholegrain chicken noodles
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 380g zucchini/ courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 2 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- ½ cup reduced-fat grated tasty cheese
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
- 1 red chilli, sliced, to serve
- 2 tablespoons tamari or reduced-salt soy sauce, to serve
- 2 teaspoons Kewpie mayonnaise (optional), to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 30 x 20cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
2 Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Discarding flavour sachet, add noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
3 Whisk eggs together in a large bowl. Add flour and baking soda, whisking until combined and smooth. Add zucchini, spring onions, sriracha if using, cheese and oil, mixing well to combine.
4 Pour mixture into prepared pan and sprinkle over sesame seeds. Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden. Sprinkle over fresh coriander leaves, reserved spring onion and sliced red chilli. Cut into 20 squares and serve drizzled with sauce and Kewpie mayonnaise, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13.8g
–Saturated fat 3.1g
Dietary fibre 3.6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like