Butternut squash macaroni cheese
- 4 cups butternut squash, (or any pumpkin you like) peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- spray oil
- 1⅓ cups macaroni
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt vegetable stock powder
- 1 bunch spinach
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 200g Philadelphia Lightest cream cheese
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup reduced-fat mature hard cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
1 Heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Line a baking tray with baking paper, then add the squash and spray with oil. Roast for 30 min or until tender.
2 Meanwhile, boil the macaroni in a pan of boiling water for 10 min, then drain, reserving ½ cup of the cooking water.
3 Return the reserved water to the pan, add the stock powder and spinach and cook until wilted. Stir through the pasta, mustard, Philadelphia, cayenne and nuts.
4 Take off the heat and mix in the squash and grated cheese. Season with ground black pepper, then tip into a 1.5 litre baking dish. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and parmesan, then bake for 10–15 min until golden.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.4g
–Saturated fat 5.7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information