Pumpkin soup with couscous and falafels
- 2 x 540g pouches Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- ¾ cup pearl couscous
- ¹⁄³ cup light cooking cream
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 225g packet sesame falafel balls, heated, halved
- ²⁄³ cup store-bought hummus
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves shredded, to serve
- Chilli flakes, to serve
1 Place soup and 2 cups water in a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low, add couscous and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream.
2 Add chickpeas, peas and spinach and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
3 Divide soup among six bowls. Top with falafels, dollop with hummus, then serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and chilli.
You can make this soup dairy free and suitable for vegans by omitting the cooking cream in step one.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33.6g
–Saturated fat 3.5g
Dietary fibre 12.7g
Last updated date: 8 August 2022
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.