Salmon, tomato and asparagus pasta
- 4 cups (400g) penne pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch sugar, to season
- black pepper, to season
- 210g can salmon, drained, bones and skin removed, flaked
1 Cook penne following packet instructions until al dente. Add asparagus during the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain well, then return to saucepan.
2 Place tomatoes, capers, basil, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with sugar and pepper.
3 Add tomato mixture and salmon to pasta and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and garnish with extra basil (if using).
This pasta dish is great with any type of fish or seafood. You could replace salmon with canned tuna or even crab. You can also replace asparagus with other vegetables – such as courgettes or broccoli.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like