Sausage and tomato vegetarian risotto
Our Sausage and tomato vegetarian risotto is so easy and quick to make in 30 minutes, high in fibre and includes four of your 5+ a-day, it’s healthy comfort food that still delivers on taste and nutrition!
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 6 vegetarian sausages, cut in 2cm chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 400g can cherry tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, diced
- 2 cups green beans, sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan, to garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- black pepper, to season
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, stirring, until browned. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Spray pan again with oil and return to medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, until softened but not browned. Add rice to pan and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juice to pan and stir. Cook until juice is absorbed, then add stock and hot water, a ladleful at a time as it absorbs.
- When rice is nearly cooked, add asparagus, courgettes and beans to risotto and stir to combine. Continue adding stock and as much water as necessary, until rice is cooked to
al denté and vegetables are tender.
- Add sausages back into pan and stir to combine. Divide risotto between 4 serving bowls and garnish with parmesan, basil and black pepper.
Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Author: Niki Bezzant - Editor-at-large
Photographer: Bryce Carleton2019-06-13 11:02:31
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited