Soft polenta with braised capsicums and borlotti beans
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 large red capsicums, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to garnish
- 2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup instant polenta
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
- In a large heavy-based saucepan, heat olive oil over medium. Add onion, celery and garlic and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add capsicum and courgettes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Add borlotti beans and cherry tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until thick. Season with cracked black pepper and stir through parsley.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring milk and 3 cups cold water to the boil over a medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and gradually stir in polenta. Cook, stirring, for 6–8 minutes, or until the polenta is creamy. Season with cracked black pepper.
- Serve the polenta topped with braised vegetables and scatter with extra parsley leaves.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us