Spicy lamb, rocket and feta wraps
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup extra-light spreadable cream cheese
- 4 large (75g) wholemeal pita pockets
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX, trimmed
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut in thin ribbons with vegetable peeler
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
1 Spray a chargrill pan with oil and place over a high heat. Sprinkle lamb with harissa and cook each side for 3-4 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Slice thinly.
2 Meanwhile, place lemon juice, chives, feta and cream cheese in a small bowl and stir to combine.
3 Place pita pockets on serving plates. Spread feta mixture over each pita and top with rocket, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, lamb and salad greens. Roll up to enclose filling and to eat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread and check harissa is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us