Stuffed Roma chickenReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 1 bunch fresh basil (about 16 leaves), plus extra, to garnish
- 12 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained, chopped
- ½ cup grated mozzarella cheese (see tips)
- 4 slices prosciutto (see tips)
- 2 bulbs garlic
- olive spray oil
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs (see tips)
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to flatten until double in size.
2 Lay some basil, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella in the centre of each chicken breast. Roll up to enclose filling and secure with a toothpick.
3 Wrap 1 slice prosciutto around each breast. Place chicken and garlic in an ovenproof dish. Spray with oil and bake in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4 Five minutes before chicken is ready, place tomatoes and beans in a pan over a medium heat and cook until heated through.
5 Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve immediately with tomato and bean mixture and roasted garlic which can be easily squeezed out of its skin. Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.
Steamed fresh vegetables
Make it gluten free Check mozzarella, prosciutto and canned tomatoes are gluten free
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information