Sweet and spicy barbecue sauce
- 1 cup no-added-salt tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2–3 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
1 Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring sauce to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10–15 minutes to thicken. Remove from the heat. Cool completely.
2 Serve, or store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 0.1g
–Saturated fat 0.1g
Dietary fibre 0.4g
Last updated date: 17 December 2021
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information